Assignment 27A - Reading Reflection No. 3

 Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future

This book's central theme is understanding Elon Musk as a person, how he thinks, and hoe he makes decisions.

Throughout the book, the author writes how much Elon talks about he importance of persistence. He says that you can never give up. Elon specifically says that in order to have success we need to stick with things long enough until they work out.

I think I would create an exercise focused around determination. It would force the students to persist long enough to reach their end goal. I would ask students to interview the same people for the duration of the class. This would be a great demonstration of persistence. While many of the students would likely fail, I could see this possibly being an extra credit assignment of sorts.

The biggest surprise to me was when the author talked about Elon's childhood. He talks about how Elon was bullied as a child and he always had a bad relationship with his parents. I had no idea that the crazy successful entrepreneur had such a traumatic childhood.

Comments

  1. Tucker:
    I have now had my interest sparked into learning about Elon Musk. I must admit that I generally think of the guy as just a weird media personality. As it seems to me that shows up with comments and ideas on the most random things. Anyhow, perhaps I should not judge a book by the cover. Of course, in my reading reflection I learned about the Wright Brothers. Most of the information in the book I was unaware even occurred. For the most part I only knew they invented the airplane and little else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tucker, I was just watching the videos of the SpaceX rocket launches, and Elon's car in space! That is sad to learn about his childhood; it just goes to show you that anything is possible, no matter a person's background. I think I'd like to read this book, as I read Trump's The Art of the Deal recently and enjoyed it. I enjoyed reading the book Inbound Marketing for this class, it was super informative and actually interesting, in spite of seeming like a textbook.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 29A - Venture Concept No. 2

Assignment 26A - Celebrating Failure

Assignment 25A - What's Next?