Assignment 11A - Idea Napkin No. 1


My name is Tucker McCleary and I am a Finance major at the University of Florida. I am interested in personal finance and investing. I would love the opportunity to start my own business. My product is a foam insert for windows that will block all light coming in. This allows users to fall asleep faster, and receive a better overall quality of sleep. There are multiple groups of people who could use this product. In general, the group would be anyone trying to achieve more quality sleep. Specifically, college students could be a user, they need every second of sleep they can get. All the customers specifically want to receive better sleep. Customers should care about this product because it will help them improve their sleep schedules which will in turn improve their everyday lives. I am a skilled communicator with a drive like no other.
               I think that all of these elements do fit together. I am offering an opportunity for people to receive better sleep and improve their overall well-being. Who doesn’t want that? The customer is anyone who does not receive enough sleep and a majority of Americans fall into that category. I think the “Why do they care” element might be the weakest. It is very broad to say that anyone who wants to improve their sleep would care. Besides that I think the idea is very coherent.

Comments

  1. Tucker:
    Again I know that there are similar products on the market, but if you have a good price point you can probably do fairly well. I would also suggest making the items in different colors or something presentable because it will essentially be seen from the street. Also, I would market to companies that employ late shift workers, such as police officers, dispatchers, supermarket stock persons, package delivery companies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tucker, great napkin. I think you could also market your product to people who work nights and sleep during the day. These people really could use a product like yours to improve their sleep. I do understand what you mean by "Why do they care”, because for many people light is not the reason they don't get enough sleep. Some are distracted by their phones and other electronic devices that keep them away from their sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 29A - Venture Concept No. 2

Assignment 26A - Celebrating Failure

Assignment 25A - What's Next?